Retailers across Minnesota are implementing impressive measures to make shopping as safe as possible for customers & employees.
To assist retailers, here is a collection of social distancing best practices:
- Use signage at the door, throughout the store, & over your public address system to remind customers of 6 foot social distancing.
- Evaluate your space and adjust customer flow accordingly.
- Encourage use of curbside pickup & delivery.
- At checkout (including self-checkout) & in areas of congestion mark out social distance spacing.
- At checkout extend space between the cashier & customer with markings or a physical barrier.
- If practical ask a customer's permission to touch their products or allow a customer to position products during check out.
- Have employees make a special effort to engage customers to help them find products efficiently & remind them to practice social distancing.
- Clean & disinfect high-touch surfaces regularly and make hand sanitizer & related products available to customers and employees.
- Communicate your temporary policy on reusable bags to customers before they arrive at the store or at the door.
- Thank customers and workers for their focus on safety.