Before-The-Store-Opens Elections Results
A customers stop by your store today, the election is sure to be the topic of many conversations
As customers stop by your store today, the election is sure to be the topic of many conversations. Here are a few results of the polls closing a short 13 hours ago across Minnesota.
- DFL Governor Mark Dayton won reelection last night, garnering about 50 percent of the vote.
Minnesota House of Representatives
- Republicans won control of the Minnesota House of Representatives, picking up a likely 10 or 11 seats.
- Greater Minnesota played a pivotal role in the seat pickups.
- Republicans campaigned on a theme of bringing balance to Minnesota government.
- The DFL controls the Minnesota Senate and Governor's office.
- DFLers kept all their statewide office seats last night.
- DFL Representative Steve Simon won his bid for Secretary of State.
- U.S. Senator Al Franken retained his seat in his first reelection bid.
- Republicans took control of the U.S. Senate last night, winning more than six seats.
U.S. House of Representatives
- All of Minnesota's incumbent U.S. House of Representatives members won reelection, including the highly watched 8th Congressional District where Rick Nolan defeated Republican challenger Steward Mills.
- Republican Tom Emmer won his the race to succeed Congresswoman Michelle Bachmann in the 6th Congressional District.
- Republicans retained control of the U.S. House in elections last night.
- Voter turnout in Minnesota has been estimated to be lower than recent mid-term elections by around 200,000 voters.